Knee arthroscopy is a minimally invasive surgical procedure that involves the examination and
treatment of the inside of the knee joint. During knee arthroscopic surgery, surgeons insert a
small camera, known as an arthroscope, into the knee joint. The camera shows images on a
video monitor, and surgeons use those images to guide the miniature surgical device. Knee
arthroscopic disease can be useful in diagnosing joint pain and stiffness, damaged cartilage,
floating fragments of bone or cartilage, and an accumulation of fluid, which has to be drained.
Injuries that may be diagnosed and treated with arthroscopy are:
- Ligament Tear
- Meniscal Tears
- Misaligned Patella
- Torn cartilage in joint
- Fractures in knee bones
- Swollen joint lining
- Remove bone spurs
Why is Knee Arthroscopy advised?
- During arthroscopic knee surgery, surgeons observe sore or swollen areas closely. The camera displays images of soft tissue and injuries. These pictures help diagnose injuries.
- If the patient must undergo surgery to repair tendons, ligaments, or cartilage, the doctor uses
specially designed tools. The camera displays live images to guide further procedures.
- This method helps in removing the tissues
Benefits of an arthroscopy-
- Minimally invasive Surgery
- Lesser pain
- Small stitches
- Faster recovery
- Low risk of getting an infection
To manage the pain post-surgery, medicines are given to patients for short-term pain.
A combination of medicines can be used by the surgeon depending on the need.
General tips for better recovery may include:
- Use ice blocks on the dressing and surrounding area to reduce swelling and pain
- Keep the leg raised for several days following surgery
- Rest properly and frequently
- Change the dressing regularly
- Combined with proper rest and a full range of motion, exercises can help before and after knee arthroscopy.
- Exercise can help to restore motion, as well as build up strength and endurance in your knee.
- Doctors may teach patients some stretches and exercises to do at home.
As a leading orthopedic hospital in Bopal, we have the best surgeons who are empathetic toward their patients for their services and expertise
in the field of healthcare. Our hospital is a leading provider of quality healthcare services
with state-of-the-art infrastructure, well-trained staff, and the most advanced technology. Our team of orthopedic doctors is believed to be the best at knee replacement in Bopal, Ahmedabad. We
have a team of highly skilled doctors, nurses, surgeons, and other medical professionals who
work together to provide modern and advanced medical care to patients from all over India
and abroad. For more information or inquiry, please call +91 98254 45403/09 or