Consuming a variety of nutritional foods that are rich in vitamins and minerals, like citrus fruits and spinach, helps in better immunity.
- Citrus: Citrus is an excellent source of vitamin C, an antioxidant that helps protect cells from damage. Vitamin C is also important for white blood cell production, which helps to combat infection.
- Berries: Berries are also a great source of vitamin C, along with other antioxidants. Antioxidants help protect the cells from damage, and they can also help reduce inflammation.
- Dark leafy greens: Dark leafy greens, such as spinach, kale, and collard greens, are a good source of vitamins A, C, and E, as well as other nutrients that are important for a healthy immune system.
- Whole grains: Whole grains are a good source of fiber that can help maintain a healthy digestive system. A healthy gastrointestinal system is important to a strong immune system.
- Lean proteins: Lean proteins, like chicken, fish, and beans, are important for overall health and can also help boost the immune system.
- Healthy fats: Healthy fats, such as those found in olive oil, avocados, and walnuts, can help reduce inflammation and promote a healthy immune system.
Besides eating healthy, there are other things you can do to increase your immunity, such as getting enough sleep, exercising regularly, and managing stress. Following these tips will help keep the immune system strong and healthy.
- Get enough sleep – Sleep-deprived bodies are most vulnerable to infections. 7-8 hours of sleep each night is preferred.
- Exercise regularly – Exercise helps to boost the immune system by increasing the production of white blood cells. At least 30 minutes of exercise most days of the week is advisable.
- Manage stress – Stress can weaken the immune system. Find better ways to manage stress, such as yoga, meditation, or spending time in nature.
- Avoid smoking and excessive alcohol consumption – Smoking and excessive alcohol consumption can weaken the body’s immune system.
At Saraswati Hospitals, a 40-year-old legacy in extending excellent healthcare services to the community with 27 specialty services, modern facilities, and state-of-art infrastructure, we constantly strive to lend the most advanced healthcare services and accessible & affordable treatment that ensure smiles. The team is always ready to guide before the treatment. For more information or inquiry, please call +91 98254 45403/09 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.