Hip replacement: Some people may not know that there are two types of hip replacements –
total hip replacement and partial hip replacement. The former is done when the patient has a
severe case of osteoarthritis, which affects both the femur head and the acetabulum. Partial
hip replacements are done when only one of these two parts is affected.
Hip reconstruction: Hip reconstruction is a surgery to repair or replace a damaged hip joint that
causes pain and limits your movement.
Hip reconstruction is about repairing/replacing a damaged hip joint, Hip replacement surgery is
about replacing the damaged hip joint with artificial implants. With advances in the area of joint
rebuilding surgery, both procedures can be completed with minimally invasive techniques.
Hip reconstruction is recommended when the hip is sore and not working correctly. This may be due to the following:
- Arthritis: Having cartilage lining the joint.
- Injury: Traumatic or over-use.
- Osteonecrosis: Bone damage caused by a deficiency in the blood supply.
Depending on the patient’s medical condition the doctors may suggest one of the following –
- Periacetabular osteotomy
- Cartilage transplant
Hip replacement is a surgical procedure in which the hip joint is replaced with a prosthetic
implant, which is usually made of metal and polyethylene. Hip replacement surgery can help
relieve pain and improve mobility for people with severe osteoarthritis in one or both hips. Hip
replacements are also used to treat people with a diseased hip joint.
People who suffer from the followings may be benefitted-
- Osteoarthritis. Known as wearable arthritis, osteoarthritis damages the smooth cartilage that covers the extremities of the bones and helps the joints move smoothly.
- Rheumatoid arthritis. Caused by a hyperactive immune system, rheumatoid arthritis produces a type of inflammation that can erode the cartilage and sometimes the underlying bone, resulting in damaged and deformed joints.
- Osteonecrosis. If there is not enough blood provided to the spherical part of the hip joint, for example following a dislocation or fracture, the bone could collapse and deform.
In this modern era, surgeons perform advanced minimally invasive surgery. It has the advantages of –
- Lower risk of muscle damage
- Less pain
- Quicker and easier recovery
- Less limping
- Shorter hospital stay
- Lower chance of hip dislocation
Our team of orthopedic doctors is believed to be the best at knee replacement in Bopal, Ahmedabad. Saraswati hospital is one of the best hospitals in Ahmedabad for hip replacement and hip
reconstruction surgeries. The hospital has a team of highly qualified orthopedic surgeons who
are well-trained in performing these surgeries. The hospital has a state-of-the-art facility that
provides patients with a comfortable environment to recover from their surgery. They have
high success rates and ensure that patients return to their normal lives as soon as
possible. For more information or inquiry, please call +91 98254 45403/09 or email: