Have you been experiencing pain or bleeding in the anus? No need to brush it under the carpet.
We understand your concerns and that is why we have this blog to throw some light on commonly asked questions regarding piles. At Saraswati Hospital, we have the best physicians for piles and gall bladder stone treatment in Bopal that mitigate your queries and extend utmost care.
Without any further ado, let’s begin.
What are piles?
The enlarged and irritated blood vessels in and around the anus and lower rectum are referred as piles. The vein in the walls can be irritated and stretched by passing bowel motions, resulting in edema.
What symptoms indicate piles?
If you are experiencing any of the below-mentioned symptoms then it is better to consult a doctor.
- Anal hemorrhaging or bleeding (bright red colour)
- Defecation pain or discomfort.
- A hard mass around the anus
- Anus itching
- The secretion of mucous from the anus
How can piles be treated?
There are various ways that your doctor will tell you to tackle piles if not severe. They are
- Warm baths
- Painkillers for relief
- Laxatives for constipation
- An injection to significantly reduce hemorrhoids.
- Rubber-band ligation to eradicate prolapsed hemorrhoids and cut off their blood supply.
- A laser or an electric probe to seal the end of hemorrhoid.
- Internal hemorrhoids that are extremely painful might be treated with a procedure called haemorrhoidectomy.
What is Haemorrhoidectomy?
Haemorrhoidectomy is a procedure that involves making incisions around the anus to remove the hemorrhoids. During the process, local or general anesthesia may be used.
Are there any preparations before the surgery?
Yes, you may have to take medication such as an enema to clear the anal tract prior to surgery.
What are the risks pertaining to the surgery?
- Some bleeding
- Chances of infection if not taken care
- The reaction of anesthesia in rare cases
- Trouble in urination and defecation
- Pain in anus
What is the recovery time after piles surgery?
From 2 weeks to as much as 6 weeks in severe cases.
Is piles surgery expensive?
A patient suffering from acute piles problems must go through surgery if recommended by a doctor. The cost depends on the facility you chose. We perform feasible piles surgery in Bopal under expert doctors at Saraswati Hospital.
Finally, though we try to educate as much as possible, there may have been some questions in your mind that are unanswered in this blog. Book an appointment with us and we will provide a complete understanding pertaining to your treatment.