India is one of the countries where the burden of heart disease is highest. As per WHO, heart disease is the leading cause of death in the world, causing one in three deaths. It is never too late to begin to change your way of life toward a healthier heart. Start to modify your lifestyle for a healthy heart, including-
Eat healthy diet
- Consume fruits, vegetables, and nuts as these are considered heart-healthy foods
- Avoid canned and processed foods
- Cut down on excessive sugar and salt
- Extra body weight increases strength and makes the heart have to work much harder almost all the time. It enlarges the heart and leads to Left Ventricular Hypertrophy or LVH
Stop or quit smoking
Smoking enhances plaque formation in blood vessels. Coronary artery disease arises when the arteries that carry blood to the cardiac muscle are narrowed or blocked by clots. The chemicals in cigarette smoke thicken the blood and build clots in the veins and arteries.
Stressful working conditions, a sedentary lifestyle, a family history of heart disease, and high blood pressure hamper the heart. Sometimes symptoms don’t appear until the situation becomes serious. It is important to keep track of your cholesterol levels, blood pressure, and other indicators of heart health.
- Exercise helps in lowering blood pressure, lessens the risk of developing diabetes, maintains healthy body weight, and reduces inflammation throughout the body.
- Decreases stress hormones that can weigh down the heart.
- Increases good cholesterol and helps in controlling triglycerides
Get adequate sleep
It is now known that poor sleep habits lead to a high risk of heart disease. Insufficient or interrupted sleep disturbs the hormonal balance in the body, which wreaks havoc on the rest of the organs. It is advised to have 7-8 hours of sleep to maintain a healthy heart. Maintain oral hygiene
People may think the mouth and heart don’t have much in common. However, According to the researchers, gum disease can spread all over the body, causing inflammation of the heart vessels and infection of the heart valves.
In addition to these tips, it is also important to take regular checkups with your doctor to monitor your heart health. By following these simple steps, the heart can remain healthy for years to come.
Doctors are the best source of information when it comes to understanding how to keep the heart healthy. With their knowledge and expertise, they can provide valuable advice on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle and make sure that your heart remains in good condition. The hospital of Saraswati, one of the best hospitals in Ahmedabad, provides the best healthcare and
treatment. We are equipped with modern technologies to provide world-class services.
Saraswati Hospital is a multispecialty hospital, that has some of the best cardiologists in Bopal, who have been providing quality treatment to their patients for decades now.
For more information or inquiry, please call +91 98254 45403/09 or